- Green Tara expresses the energy of the small intestine.
- Her key Immeasurable Feeling is Joy.
- Her main doctrine – about the Six Realms of Existence.
Joy is the only infinite emotion that all beings want to feel. Its uniqueness is universal: all beings want to be happy. No creature we meet wants to be sad and scared. Meditating on the feeling of joy, we must understand that this feeling is something much more than external reasons that we usually associate with it. It is necessary to study its absolute nature that expresses the nature of the mind. Joy gradually softens and refines the mind and leads to its transparency and depth of clarity. Since all beings want to be happy, what distinguishes between them is the dexterity level of their mind, the way in which they want to feel happy. This difference in mind’s skill level determines which world out of the Six Worlds of Existence is most suitable for a sentient being to reincarnate in.
Green Tara is regal. Her royalty is not irate but soothing: she is seen not as a queen, but as a princess. She has a nature of renunciation. She pulls away from mundane and absorbs narcissism in a consciousness, since her joy is pleased with itself and nourishes her. She does not need anything else.She nourishes the very basis of human consciousness – its “awakenness”, its Buddhahood.
Organ of Green Tara is small intestine, an organ, that nourishes the blood, and therefore the entire body.
Six Realms of Existence
- The pleasing realm of celestial beings gives rest and pleasure to the senses, but existence in this realm is limited by the amount of good deeds committed in this lifetime. Arrogance prevents from the realization of truth in this realm.
- The realm of the nature elements (titans) is endowed with power, but lacks peace. Merging with an element, hurricane or mountain happens because of envy and discontentment. Disappearance of a mountain or of any other element brings to being reborn in the human realm.
- The human realm is auspicious a wise one. Here there is the possibility for gathering of necessary experience and for realization. From a position of senses, this brings to liberation. An experience in this realm is limited by anger.
- The animal realm is a world of beings capable of suffering and of pleasure, like humans, but their bodies cannot serve as means to realization. The limits of this world are ignorance and laziness.
- The realm of ghosts is like a mirage. The beings of this realm are constantly desiring and lusting, but never get that which they desire due to the absence of the bodily form of senses in them. This realm is limited by the bounds of lust and desire.
- The hell realm is a place of suffering and despair, which a consciousness goes through due to the evil deeds. Their amount creates the boundaries of hell.
Those, who put together wisdom and compassion, they remove all limits and untie all chains. The ground for wisdom is every breath. The seed of compassion is an ordinary awareness of what’s going on, without distraction of thought.
The obstacles for the realization of the true are the following:
- envy (or dissatisfaction);
- pride (or egoism);
- lust (or greed, desire);
- laziness (or ignorance);
- evil deeds
– altogether these are the six diseases-obstacles.
The human birth is precious for a disciple. It leads to the cure of all diseases in the patient and well-wishing, but brings to the aggravation of the all diseases-obstacles in the ignorant and unrestrained.
By Natalia Tsimbler
See also: Pyatsky, V. – Sadhana of Green Tara (downloadable book)